The Coronavirus IS NOT at Massage & Healthy Living! Other germs and viruses like the common cold/flu aren’t here either. Please help me keep the office a clean and germ-free environment by practicing fundamental hygiene in your daily routine, and especially prior to your massage appointment.
Best practices to help you stay healthy:
- Shower daily and specifically before your massage appointment to remove salty, smelly, and greasy perspiration.
- Disinfect the items you touch regularly i.e., doorknobs, car doors, car steering wheel, etc. using a spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands before eating or preparing food.
- Wash your hands before inserting contact lenses or performing any other activity that brings you in contact with the eyes or mouth.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds and scrub under your fingernails.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Carry an alcohol-based hand cleaner for on-the-go use. Disinfect shared surfaces, such as keyboards, cellphones, doorknobs, and remote controls.
- Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious foods.
If you have a fever or are otherwise contagious, are coughing, sneezing, and/or have a runny nose, it’s best to reschedule your massage for another time when you are healthy.
The flu virus can generally survive on surfaces for 24 hours, according to the National Health Service. That leaves plenty of time for germs to spread among family members. Just one sick child can pass an illness to an entire family in the right setting.
Keep yourself and your family healthy by following these tips. As always, I look forward to seeing you at your next massage! Stay Healthy!